ABOUT ME




My name is Lauren Pettigrew, I am sophomore transfer student at UTampa. I am from Peoria, Illinois (about 2 and a half hours south of Chicago). The town that I live in is about 4,000 people, my high school graduating class was 250 students. I graduated high school in 2017 and spent my freshman year at a community college in my town, where I learned very important studying skills for college. I come from a very different place than Tampa and I am so happy to be out of a small town, especially the state of IL in general. My aunt and grandma live in Clearwater and I frequently visit them. I am excited to finish my degree here and I feel I am open to many more new opportunities that I would be at home.
 I have been a graphic design major for a year and just switched to AD and PR with a minor in design, my first semester here. I have been pretty deep in design since my sophomore year of high school. My high school had one of the best CTE (career technical education) programs in the state and I was heavily exposed to Adobe systems a while ago. I am most fluent in Adobe Illustrator and it is by far my favorite system. I also enjoy InDesign as well.
As for this class, I am hoping to extend my knowledge on the adobe systems and learn some new tricks I did not know before. I am excited for the code project, since I have never used DreamWeaver. I hope to also learn new things about design, and creating that I did not know before. I hope I can also become more comfortable with Photoshop. I have used it before and know some things, but I hope to be more fluent with it. I am overall excited for this class in general since I love Adobe products!

Comments

Popular Posts